Pretty frustrating few days!
Finance approval is dragging it's heels. About 8 weeks after application and we're still waiting.
The plans aren't correct. We've requested changes and been denied. They've missed some things but they're okay to be changed.
Another Council fee to be paid. This time to protect "Council's asset", i.e.: footpath. $200 application fee on top of a $1,000 bond. And WE have to pay this. What the?
It's feeling as though the house is trying to tell us something. It's resisting it's own start. (if you're not a fatalist then you'll think this is cray cray).
All day my mind was processing the dodgy window placement in the second bedroom, the lack of an alcove for the microwave, the tiny size of the tiny block and the tiny yard we'll have, the less than ideal orientation on the block; round and round it all went, sending me for a trip down what-are-we-doing Rd.
I was ready to walk away from the whole build. Sell the block. Stay in our rental for a while and reassess everything. As I drove to the block in the pouring rain, with tears in my eyes, I was imagining the conversation we were going to have to have, and how we could escape the build. Seriously. Over before it had begun.
And then I saw this;
No finance. Plans not final. They've started.
We're not ready. We're not happy. There's no out now. They've started.